Athletic Fees & Forms
Athletic Department Information 2018-2019
All Student-Athletes ~ Fall ~ Winter ~ Spring
Driver Permission Form for parents
Player Participation Fees – Football $250 --- All other sports $175 (Please do not send in payment, your account will be billed.)
Proof of Insurance (Football and Lacrosse Players) – must show proof of proper insurance coverage by:
a. Copy of insurance card
b. Purchase insurance through school (forms available in the Athletic Office)
Forms and Proof of Insurance may be turned in to Mrs. deRutte in the Athletic Office, on or before August 7, 2017.
All student-athletes must complete the following forms and return to the Athletic Office in order to be eligible to participate on any CN team! DO NOT TURN FORMS INTO COACHES!
1) Physical Forms -- by a licensed physician to be on file at school that is valid for one year. Due before the first practice!
2) NCS Ejection Policy (Student/Parent Signatures Needed)
3) Concussion Information and Signature Sheet (Student/Parent Signatures needed)
4) Cardiac Information and Signature Sheet (Student/Parent Signatures needed)
5) Authorization for Sports Medicine Services and Consent For Treatment (Student/Parent Signatures needed)
6) ImPACT Concussion Testing Consent and Release Form (mandatory for football, soccer, water polo, volleyball, cheer, wrestling, basketball, baseball, lacrosse, softball, and track & field (long jumpers, pole vaulters, and hurdlers only).
ImPACT & Cognitive Testing
To ensure the safety of our student-athletes who participate in an interscholastic sport that may put them at a greater risk of sustaining a concussion, Cardinal Newman requires mandatory ImPACT (Imm
As stated in the introductory paragraph of one of the attached informational flyers, ImPACT was "developed by clinical experts who pioneered the field" and "is the most widely used and scientifically- validated computerized, concussion evaluation system. It provides trained clinicians with neurocognitive assessment tools and services that have been medically accepted as state-of-the-art best practices---as part of determining safe return-to-play decisions."
ImPACT testing at Cardinal Newman will be conducted by a certified athletic trainer. There is no charge to CN families for this service. Fall sports athletes playing a winter or spring sport do not have to be re-tested if they already completed a baseline test in June, July, or August. Designated athletes must return the attached Consent & Release Form with the appropriate signatures on the day of testing. Please note that athletes on teams designated for ImPACT testing will not be allowed to practice or compete until ImPACT testing has been completed.
In addition, PLEASE READ the following attached documents: CIF Concussion Info Sheet on recognizing signs and symptoms of concussion; CIF Concussion Return to Play (RTP) Protocol, which explains the specific procedures for RTP if your son/daughter experiences concussion-like symptoms from participating in an interscholastic sport.