Cardinal Newman’s Athletic programs exist to enhance the relationship between faith and educational practice. The educational experience involves the entire person; mind, body, and spirit, and works to bring each student closer to his/her potential. This total character development must be a daily school experience. Every aspect of the school can contribute to this endeavor, from the quality and thoroughness of the academic work to how the students behave and treat one another. This carries over to their experiences in athletics.
Everyone at Cardinal Newman High School, the staff, faculty, parents, and coaches, join in this effort to build moral character and faith by using every possible occasion to instruct, guide, encourage and motivate.
The Cardinal Newman Athletic programs present ideal opportunities for teaching students life lessons. Creating and meeting goals, overcoming challenges, and learning to sacrifice for the good of others should generate moments of pride, satisfaction, and joy; regardless of the wins and losses teams will experience. Being involved in a sport teaches students self-discipline, respect, responsibility and perseverance. It is up to everyone in the Cardinal Newman Community to make these life situations as meaningful and productive as possible, on the fields and courts, as well as off of them.
Required elements to be eligible to participate in Cardinal Newman Athletics:
- A physical that is dated after June 1st of the current academic year that is signed by a medical doctor (MD/DO).
- A completed SportsWare profile
- Have all of the following forms signed and submitted on the SportsWare profile:
- NCS Ejection Policy
- Cardiac Care Information Sheet
- Concussion Information Sheet
- Authorization for Sports Medicine Treatment Sheet
- Authorization, Acknowledgement, and Consent for Participation Sheet