Qualifying families may submit an online application for tuition assistance through the Blackbaud Financial Aid Management system.
Blackbaud reviews the financial information submitted and assesses the need for assistance. Confidentiality is ensured with bank-level encryption standards. Awards are made for one year and must be renewed each subsequent year, during the re-enrollment period.
• Awards are based entirely on financial need as determined by the Tuition Assistance Committee.
• Tuition assistance decisions are made independently of admissions decisions.
• Students must maintain a minimum 2.00 GPA and no grade lower than D to be eligible for Tuition Assistance.
A complete tuition assistance application to Cardinal Newman must include:
• Completed online application
• Required income and tax documentation
• $35 processing fee
• Submission by the deadline prior to enrollment
A separate application is required for each parent if parents do not reside in the same household. In rare circumstances when the whereabouts of a second parent are unknown, additional documentation may be requested.
Awards will be determined prior to March 1 by the Tuition Assistance Committee from a limited pool of funds, and notices of awards will be emailed to returning families at the end of February. New students will be notified at the time of acceptance.
- Will I qualify for Tuition Assistance?
- How much Tuition Assistance will I receive?
- Do you award academic or athletic scholarships?
- Do you allow parents to perform hours of service?
- If we already have a student attending CNHS, are we limited in the amount of assistance we receive? Is a discount available?
- If parents are separated/divorced and filing separately, will both incomes be counted?
- What if I miss the application deadline for a good reason?
- When will I be notified about my award?
Important Documents to Review:
Begin the Application:
School ID and Name:
14898 – Cardinal Newman High School
Application and Supporting Documents Due:
Eligible Grades: 9, 10, 11, 12
Application Fee: $35
Required Supporting Documentation: (Applications submitted without documentation will not be processed).
- Most recent paystubs.
- Most recent W-2 forms for all jobs.
- Most recently filed federal tax return (1040)
- Most recently filed business tax return: 1120, 1120S, 1065 (if applicable).
- Supplemental income documentation: Social Security income, Welfare, Food Stamps, Child Support, 1099-M Forms, Worker’s Compensation, Unemployment, Veterans Benefits, Housing Allowance, etc.
- If you are unable to provide any of the aforementioned items, please submit a Special Circumstance Letter indicating which document(s) you are unable to provide and why. This information will be shared with your school for consideration.
Each document must be uploaded separately under the appropriate document type in order for your application to automatically move into the “Documents Received” status, and ready for review.
Cardinal Newman uses the Blackbaud Financial Aid Management (BFAM) system to process applications for tuition assistance.
The application opens November 1
Blackbaud provides toll-free telephone, email, and chat support to assist families through the process.
The best way to get answers to questions or to solve problems is to contact Blackbaud support:
Email Support: email@example.com
Chat Support: Once logged into your account, click the icon in the lower right corner of your screen to live chat with Blackbaud