Our Admissions process intends to help families learn about Cardinal Newman in order to make an informed decision about their child's high school education. We are a college preparatory Catholic community with a Christian concept of life that prepares youth in secular and religious knowledge to succeed in a multicultural, multi-religious world. We strive to develop the intellectual faculties, sense of values, ability to judge soundly, and the ability to foster positive, inclusive relationships in our students. Our Director of Admissions will help you navigate and complete the process. Here's a quick overview:
- Complete our "Get to know us!" form.
- You'll be invited to establish a Blackbaud account
- This account serves as a dashboard for communication (login)
- Attend an Admission Event
- Once decided, submit an Application through your BlackBaud Account
- Complete the High School Placement Test
- Submit your 6th, 7th & 8th grade report cards
- Submit previous standardized test scores (Iowa, CAASPP, Stanford Achievement, ERB, etc.)
- Submit Teacher Recommendations through your checklist in Blackbaud: Math Teacher Recommendation , English Teacher Recommendation, Principal/Counselor Recommendation, Adult Recommendation, and Pastor Recommendation (if applicable). Forms are due by 1/6/23.
- Attend an interview
- Apply for tuition assistance by 12/15/22 (available until funds are exhausted, so sooner is better)
- Acceptance letters (along with tuition assistance awards) will be announced on 3/1/23
- Sign your enrollment agreement by 4/1/23.
- After 4/1/23, open applicants are placed on our waitlist.