Newman Oxford Scholars
Newman Oxford Scholars strive to be thought leaders in the world. Like Saint John Henry Newman, they are passionate about the world of ideas. They are eager to help solve real world challenges involving poverty and injustice.
John Henry Newman, during his years at Oxford University, guided students to follow a rigorous academic curriculum. He encouraged them, through what became known as the Oxford Movement, to take a leadership role in working to improve society through the government and the Church.
The Newman Oxford Scholar Program is designed to acknowledge both the exhilaration and the responsibility of learning. Newman Oxford Scholars will be presented with opportunities for learning beyond the classroom. In addition they will develop their leadership skills.
Students chosen to be Newman Oxford Scholars are expected to:
- Enroll in a challenging course of studies including Honors and Advanced Placement classes;
- Achieve a 4.0 GPA every semester, or a year-end cumulative GPA which places them in the top 10% of their class;
- Maintain the highest standards of behavior as prescribed by the school and affirmed by the Dean of Students;
- Actively pursue co-curricular, extra-curricular, and service opportunities;
- Serve as models for fellow Newman Oxford Scholars and for students in the entire community;
- Participate in workshops and enrichment activities, ranging from lectures by academicians and Church leaders to community leaders pursuing social justice.
Admission to the Newman Oxford Scholar Program is based on overall academic achievement and potential, standardized test results, grade point average, and teacher or counselor recommendations. Invited students will be asked to submit additional information.
- Winter 2019 - NEWMAN OXFORD SCHOLARS - THE SCHOLARS & THEIR PAPERS
- Spring 2019 - Newman Oxford Scholars - The Scholars and Their Papers
- FALL 2018 - NEWMAN OXFORD SCHOLARS - THE SCHOLARS AND THEIR PAPERS
- WINTER 2018 - NEWMAN OXFORD SCHOLARS - THE SCHOLARS AND THEIR PAPERS
- SPRING 2017 - NEWMAN OXFORD SCHOLARS - THE SCHOLARS & THEIR PAPERS
- FALL 2016 - NEWMAN OXFORD SCHOLARS - THE SCHOLARS & THEIR PAPERS
- SPRING 2016 - NEWMAN OXFORD SCHOLARS - THE SCHOLARS & THEIR PAPERS
- FALL 2015 - NEWMAN OXFORD SCHOLARS - THE SCHOLARS & THEIR PAPERS