Proof of Vaccine Requirement Email
Dear Cardinal Newman Parents/Volunteers,
I'd like to introduce myself to our school families. My name is Wednesday Bogel and I am the HR Specialist at Cardinal Newman. One of my responsibilities is to ensure that our employees, coaches and volunteers are in compliance with the COVID Safety Procedures regarding proof of vaccinations. I am gathering important COVID safety information which is kept strictly confidential, and appreciate your timely response to this request.
IF YOU PLAN TO VOLUNTEER ANYTIME THIS YEAR AT ANY CN EVENT, YOU MUST READ AND COMPLETE THIS IMPORTANT INFORMATION BELOW!
Earlier this month, the CA Department of Public Health (CDPH) issued a mandate for public and private schools. Currently, this mandate does not change diocesan policy regarding the voluntary nature of receiving the Covid-19 vaccine, but it does change requirements for on-campus adults who cannot show proof of being fully vaccinated.
In accordance with these requirements, Cardinal Newman High School must now collect proof of vaccination for all employees, coaches, and volunteers of the school. This information is private and will be kept confidential. Please do not share medical information and/or elaborate on any medical issue with us. Medical or religious exemptions to receive the Covid-19 vaccine does not change the testing requirement.
The following are the approved documentation of Covid-19 vaccination. Please provide me with one of these options either in person or via email for each parent that plans to volunteer. Please provide this at your earliest convenience but no later than September 24, 2021:
· COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card (issued by the Department of Health and Human Services Centers for Disease Control & Prevention or WHO Yellow Card) which includes name of person vaccinated, type of vaccine provided and date last dose administered); OR
· a photo of a Vaccination Record Card as a separate document; OR
· a photo of the client's Vaccination Record Card stored on a phone or electronic device; OR
· documentation of COVID-19 vaccination from a health care provider; OR
· digital record that includes a QR code that when scanned by a SMART Health Card reader displays to the reader client name, date of birth, vaccine dates and vaccine type; OR
· documentation of vaccination from other contracted employers who follow these vaccination records guidelines and standards.
We are required to be in compliance with the health order by September 24, 2021. All individuals who cannot or do not wish to provide proof of vaccination status and want to volunteer at any CN event, will be required to take on-going weekly tests in order to volunteer. More information to come soon on required weekly testing.
Carol Drake, our School's Office Manager, will be reaching out to you with an additional Finger Printing requirement for volunteers as well. Please look for that separate email.
Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you in advance for your cooperation!